Thursday, November 20, 2014

12" x 12"

I watched as something I'd thought was sinful become sacred.

I've also seen sacred things turn black and die.

Grey seems to be the defining color in my life at the moment.

I've been governed by rules for as long as I can remember. At first they were implemented by my parents, then church, school and finally myself.

If rules could form cages I've lived in a 12" x 12" box of bars most of my life.

Because I chose to.

The door has never been locked. But I thought God would punish me if I ever crawled out.

People told me that He would. But if I understand even the simplest thing about Jesus, I don't think God wants me in a cage. If all of the Christians are in cages what good are we? Just an idealized exhibit.

What's the point of pretending to live in our cages in front of other Christian's? The illusion of control is potent.

It seems counterproductive to live your Abundant Life in a 12" x 12" cage.

1 comment:

  1. This was well thought out and so well said. Keep on thinking. Keep on writing.

    ReplyDelete