Thursday, August 7, 2014

fragile days

Today started rainy and soft.

I adore rainy days because they feel like a cozy, gray blanket I'm invited to wrap up in. Rainy days are invitations to cuddle, read books and eat pancakes. It felt like a mistake to leave my quilted nest to go to work.

But I went to work because I am an adult. (boo)

Today I felt fragile. Insubstantial. Breakable. Weak.

I assume we all feel fragile some days. Like a cold shoulder, frustrating encounter or one more disappointment will break our brittle spirit.

I needed hugs today. Hugs, blankets, kittens, flowers, bright stars, handwritten notes and dancing.

I didn't get any of those. But maybe the fragile days are here to show us that we are so much stronger than we think we are. Because I didn't break. I didn't shatter. And I will do it again brilliantly tomorrow.


2 comments:

  1. Each of us endures a time of this; and it is partly loneliness that makes us so vulnerable. Just an arm about us can reduce us to tears.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right. I think most do have those days. Wish I could have hugged you!

    ReplyDelete