Thursday, July 23, 2015

dry

I'm using this dry shampoo today. I feel suspicious about dry shampoo just as I do about dry cleaning. As Jerry Seinfeld says, "The problem with dry cleaning is that we all believe that this is actually happening."

According to my new hair stylist I have basically spent my life abusing my hair between washing it everyday, using Tresemmé products since college, braiding it when wet and probably proving remiss in my duty to educate it culturally. So I'm trying to make up for lost time. (And bad parenting?)

But I miss the fresh scalp feeling... I cannot deny that my hair looks better but at what cost to my fragile psyche?

It's only day two...

Can you say #firstworldproblems ?

How often do you wash your hair? Do you use and like dry shampoo? If it wasn't obvious yet I'll point out that I'm not exactly into hair... Educate me.

2 comments:

  1. I HATE dry shampoo! I feel that it is counter productive. I have tried several kinds, and honestly, I'd rather not shower for a day or only rinse my hair in the shower and not use any product. I have found that dry shampoo makes my hair feel gritty and grimy. Not worth it, I'd say. Lol I wash every other day, and occasionally I'll do every three days to wash, and it seems to be fine. However in the down time I miss the smell of nice clean hair. :-) I would like to note however, I have noticed so much less split ends in my hair since I started waiting a day or two between washes. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my friends, aged 70+, just mentioned today that she needed to iron her hair, which is also bleached. And there is me: I've washed my hair daily for well over 50 years, I've used Tresseme for 30 to 40 years. I often get comments like: Wow, if I had white hair that looked like yours, I wouldn't mind the loss of color. Over the years, my generation has done home perms, used brush rollers, rolled hair on tin cans, used bar soap for shampoo, and braided or pincurled wet hair. I think this professional was selling "product." Dry shampoo is something you get if you are in the hospital; and to my way of thinking it just does not work! Have you ever seen a patient with gorgeous tresses?

    ReplyDelete